On the heels of Ausgrid's two-way tariff which many of Amber's battery customers in the Ausgrid network have been enjoying, Endeavour Energy has introduced its own two-way tariff to incentivise energy behaviours that are good for the grid and the environment.
Endeavour services 2.7 million people in households and businesses across Sydney’s Greater West, the Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands and the Illawarra, and the South Coast.
The bonus feed-in tariff (FiT) on offer:
- November - March: 11c/kWh FiT
- April - October: 3.3c/kWh FiT
Similar to the Ausgrid two-way tariff, this bonus is paid out for exports during the peak period on top of the variable wholesale rate on offer from Amber. Endeavour's peak window is 4pm-8pm daily.
There is also a power-based penalty of 3.6c/kW for power exported during the 10am-2pm period. This means you will be charged this much to export at this time.
- From November to March, you'll need to be able to export at least 1kWh per day in the 4pm-8pm window to make up for the penalty imposed ($3 a month)
- From April to October, you'll need to export more than 3kWh per day between 4-8pm to make up for the penalty imposed outside of this window
- Check you solar and battery monitoring app or the amber usage tab under 'solar exports' to get a feel for if you're already exporting in this window.
- Once you switch tariffs, the export bonus will be shown in in your app and SmartShift will consider this new price in deciding whether to export from your battery at this time.
Trial the tariff
If you've read the above and are happy to give this tariff a go, you can do so and then switch back to your old tariff at any time. There is no lock-in.
To switch tariffs, email Amber on email@example.com saying "Please switch me to the Residential Prosumer Tariff, tariff code N61" and we will make this request to the network on your behalf.